SBI is one of the largest nationalised banks and provides services and options to ensure all the SBI customers have a better experience using any of the banking service online, through mobile banking, or through their local branches. Account holders in SBI bank are issued cheque books. These cheques are issued to make payments through the bank. Once the cheque is cleared, the amount mentioned on the cheque is deducted from the bank account of the customer once the cleared is cleared. Any issues pertaining the cheques can be resolved by the SBI bank.
Stop SBI Cheque Payment via onlinesbi.com
- Customers can stop the cheque payment either through online banking or by visiting their local SBI branch office.
- To stop cheque payment online, log on to the SBI banking website with your username and password provided by the bank.
- On the top menu, click on E-services link.
- Click on the option that says ‘stop cheque payment’ on the left sidebar.
- Select the account for whom you want to stop the cheque payment.
- Punch in the cheque number in the mandatory field to stop the cheque payment.
- To stop more than one cheques, select ‘start cheque number’ and ‘end cheque number’ and select the series of cheque numbers that you want to stop.
- Also select the instrument type that gives options like, ‘normal cheque’ and ‘multi city cheque’
- Select the ‘stop reason’ option and click from the list of options provided in the drop down menu.
- List of options provided are lost, stolen, issued in error, etc.
Steps to stop the cheque by visiting the SBI branch
- Carry your SBI bank passbook and ID proof and visit the SBI branch which holds your account.
- Fill up a form if the executive provides you with one to stop a single or a series of cheques.
- After providing all the required details, the cheques mentioned in the form will be stopped within a span of 4-5 minutes.
- Once the cheques are stopped by the bank, they will be considered invalid and cannot be used to draw money from your account.
Hassle free banking with SBI
Many a times you might issue a cheque by mistake or it might contain some errors. You don’t have to worry about the length of the process it takes to stop any cheque. With these steps you can easily stop the cheques online and by visiting the SBI branch office. SBI ensures that all of its customers have a hassle free banking. Using any of the banking services of SBI saves your time and efforts even if there are any issues with regard to cheques or any other banking service, they can be easily resolved within 24 hours of time.
Convenience for all SBI customers
Since, the SBI banking services are optimised with latest technology to speed up the banking experience for all of its customers, it saves a lot of time and efforts for customers operating any of the banking service. Resolution for any issues is provided in a short span of time, giving the customers satisfaction operating the SBI banking services.